Sep 16, 2006

Get your representative to sign.

If you can.

There is a campaign by the people of the Sunlight Network, in essence it’s an attempt to make the people we elect to represent us in Washington accountable to us the very same way we all are accountable in our daily jobs. This is definitely a good thing, we as citizens need to know the kind of job our elected officials are doing. The taxpayers of our nation, the voters are the ones who have put these people in place to represent their best interest. It’s important for us to be able to keep tabs on a legislators’ movements and meetings if we can properly assess their job performace. It’s exactly what the Punch Clock Agreement was meant to do and it’s exactly why you should download a copy and send it via registered mail to the office of your electde officials to make sure they get, sign it and do it!

Starting with the next Congress, I promise to publish my daily official work schedule on the Internet, within 24 hours of the end of every work day. I will include all matters relating to my role as a Member of Congress. I will include all meetings with constituents, other Members, and lobbyists, listed by name. (In rare cases I will withhold the names of constituents whose privacy must be protected.) I will also include all fundraising events. Events will be listed whether Congress is in session or not, and whether I am in Washington, traveling, or in my district.

No comments: